Friday, March 11, 2016

Frozen

Frozen is one feature that has not stayed with me over time I must admit. The animation is good, though I will freely admit my preference for two dimensional, and the songs are more than memorable. The plotting is very sloppy though particularly in the final third where it becomes particularly messy. The characters are entertaining enough though to get over those problems, and really the film's problem is the plot keeps getting in the way. The film does not feel especially cohesive in the random elements of either the trolls, a talking snowman, an evil snow man, the two villains. Many of these aspects seem oddly disconnected from each other. I suppose as a film as a whole it was not particularly memorable for me in that in general it has not left that much of lasting impression. Now that's not terrible since it did not leave a bad impression either.
4/5

No comments: