Monday, March 14, 2016

Ratatouille

Ratatouille is a film I have not watched since 2007 but I will mention the elements I remember most clearly. That being the animation of the food, which is downright scrumptious, and Peter O'Toole very memorable vocal cameo as a venomous food critic Anton Ego. That's not to say the rest of the film falls short though. I will say I don't think the majority of the human characters are terribly interesting, even our secondary lead who just kind of a standard hapless doofus. Remy though is an enjoyable enough animal lead along with the fact that he's haunted by a chef for some reason. I don't think the plot really quite adds up exactly, nor all the characters. It works still well enough as it is really when it deals directly with food. That's more than enough of the time to make the movie work.
4/5

No comments: