Thursday, March 24, 2016

Serpico

Serpico is a film with somewhat strange set path as we follow a good cop trying to uncover corruption in the system. The film chooses though to really go a step further by potentially suggesting him to be more of a hippie outsider to begin with making his journey a bit more detached. The film has a very odd flow to it because of this, and is often repetitive. As Serpico meets a new ally then his brick wall, get angry, finds a new wife, then repeat. None of this is helped by some problematic acting to be found in there particularly the wives who are pretty bad actually. Now having said that I don't think it is an outright terrible film, and really my feelings towards the film mirror my feelings toward Pacino's central performance. In that I care far less than I should however it really does have some very good moments in there.
3.5/5

No comments: